Please join our national CommUnity Connect Group. These volunteer-led community groups are exclusively for patients and family members from across Canada to join, and are led by volunteers who are PI patients themselves. These groups help connect individuals to share experiences, receive information and gain support from the safety of their own homes. This type of support encourages a sense of community, a welcoming environment, great discussions, ensuring everyone is listened to and supports one another.
These events are free but they do require you to register and be over the age of 19.
Please make sure to register here.
- Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2023
- Time: 7pm EST
- Location: Online (national)
- Cost: Free
- Moderator: Fiona Coyle & Dave Josey
CommUnity Connect Ground Rules
- Only one person at a time can speak.
- What every person says has merit and should be respected.
- If you have been talking for a while, allow others the opportunity to speak.
- Negative comments about healthcare professionals are not allowed.
- Do not give out medical advice in this forum – this should only come from a physician.
- Don’t advertise businesses, services or products to the group.
- Everything said is confidential and must not be discussed outside of this group.
- The CommUnity Connect Groups are a safe space only for patients and their caregivers to connect. No health or industry representatives permitted.
Before joining a Zoom Get Connected Meeting on a computer or mobile device, you must download the Zoom software or app from the Zoom Download Center. The link will prompt you to download the Zoom application. Allow it to access your computer/phone microphone and camera. While it is quick to install, it is best to download and set up in advance of the social. If you have any issues please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
If you do not want to share your name with the group, when you register on Zoom you do not have to enter your name. Also, if your name does show up on your Zoom screen, you, you can change your name using these instructions: Changing your name on Zoom – Zoom Support