The Alberta CommUnity Connect Group is exclusively for immunodeficiency patients and their family members/caregivers to share experiences and gain support from the safety of their own homes.
These groups are hosted by one of our fantastic volunteers, who are themselves members with lived experience of Primary Immunodeficiency. The hosts encourage a sense of community, a welcoming environment and great discussions, ensuring everyone is listened to and supports one another.
You can join whichever CommUnity Connect group best fits your schedule. You must be over the age of 19 to join. Events are free but require registration (see Zoom link below). Feel free to drop-in and stay for as long as you want.
Please make sure to register for the event here.
- Date: Tuesday February 27th, 2024
- Time: 6:30pm MST
- Location: Online
- Cost: Free
- Volunteer Host: Safira
Zoom Registration Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEvdOmsrD0iE9PPJkgcnMljrrdXdpRiv_O-
CommUnity Connect Ground Rules
- Only one person at a time can speak.
- What every person says has merit and should be respected.
- If you have been talking for a while, allow others the opportunity to speak.
- Negative comments about healthcare professionals are not allowed.
- Do not give out medical advice in this forum – this should only come from a physician.
- Don’t advertise businesses, services or products to the group.
- Everything said is confidential and must not be discussed outside of this group.
- The CommUnity Connect Groups are a safe space only for patients and their caregivers to connect. No health or industry representatives permitted.
Before joining a Zoom Get Connected Meeting on a computer or mobile device, you must download the Zoom software or app from the Zoom Download Center. The link will prompt you to download the Zoom application. Allow it to access your computer/phone microphone and camera. While it is quick to install, it is best to download and set up in advance of the social. If you have any issues please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
If you do not want to share your name with the group, when you register on Zoom you do not have to enter your name. Also, if your name does show up on your Zoom screen, you, you can change your name using these instructions: Changing your name on Zoom – Zoom Support