This group is for members who are living with immunodeficiency and navigating family life. This includes parents/caregivers of children diagnosed with PI, as well as people with an immunodeficiency who have parental responsibilities. This is a space to connect, share stories and gain support from others who may be going through a similar experience. Discussions vary, but some possible topics might be: raising children with immunodeficiency, coping as a parent when you have an immunodeficiency, managing family relations or navigating the healthcare system.
This group is hosted by one of our caring volunteers, Emily, who has lived experience of Primary Immunodeficiency. As a facilitator, she will create a safe environment, encourage a sense of community and nurture helpful discussions, ensuring everyone is listened to and supports one another.
These events are free to join but they do require you to register and be over the age of 19.
Please make sure to register for the event here.
- Date: Wednesday, February 7th, 2024
- Time: 7:00pm EST
- Location: Online
- Cost: Free
- Volunteer Host: Emily
Zoom Registration Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0vceyqqTooHNDRxgyAZBXZk_vw-8iZN48M
CommUnity Connect Ground Rules
- Only one person at a time can speak.
- What every person says has merit and should be respected.
- If you have been talking for a while, allow others the opportunity to speak.
- Negative comments about healthcare professionals are not allowed.
- Do not give out medical advice in this forum – this should only come from a physician.
- Don’t advertise businesses, services or products to the group.
- Everything said is confidential and must not be discussed outside of this group.
- The CommUnity Connect Groups are a safe space only for patients and their caregivers to connect. No health or industry representatives permitted.
Before joining a Zoom Get Connected Meeting on a computer or mobile device, you must download the Zoom software or app from the Zoom Download Center. The link will prompt you to download the Zoom application. Allow it to access your computer/phone microphone and camera. While it is quick to install, it is best to download and set up in advance of the social. If you have any issues please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
If you do not want to share your name with the group, when you register on Zoom you do not have to enter your name. Also, if your name does show up on your Zoom screen, you, you can change your name using these instructions: Changing your name on Zoom – Zoom Support